September 25, 2016
Rev. Lusienie Fofana
Scripture Readings: Genesis 17:15-21, Hebrews 11:17-19, John 8:52-59
Read The Story, Chapter 2
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- Abraham left his homeland and family to follow God What did God say his reward would be?
- What might God be asking you to give up to follow Him?
- What made Abraham righteous in God’s sight? How is this fact relevant to your life?
- Why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac? What did Abraham—and Isaac—learn from this experience?
- Because Jacob had shrewdly acquired Esau’s birthright and stolen their father’s blessing, Jacob feared his brother’s revenge. How did Jacob prepare for his meeting with Esau?
- What attitude did Jacob have when he wrestled with the “man” who Jacob eventually realized was actually God?