January 29, 2017
Rev. Dennis Drews
Scripture Readings: Micah 6:1-8, 1 Corinthians 18-31, Matthew 5:1-12
Read The Story, Chapter 15
or if you don’t have a Story book, read 1 Kings 17-19; 2 Kings 2, 4, 6; Hosea 4-5, 8-9, 14; Amos 1, 3-5, 9
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- What do you learn about faith from Elijah’s ups (victory over the prophets of Baal) and his downs (depression in the desert)?
- God revealed Himself to Elijah in a gentle whisper. What does this tell you about God’s character and methods of communication?
- What steps can you take to hear the gentle whisper of God?
- In what ways did the prophet Elisha live a life of faith?
- Identify the ways God was faithful to Elisha.
- How has God been faithful to you?
- What specific message of social justice and spiritual faithfulness do you think the prophets Amos and Hosea would proclaim today?