January 15, 2017
Rev. Bob Holst
Scripture Readings: Proverbs 2:6-11, 1 Corinthians 13:1-7, John 1:29-34
Read The Story, Chapter 13
or if you don’t have a Story book, read 1 Kings 1-8, 10-11; 2 Chronicles 5-7; Proverbs 1-3, 6, 20-21
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- Why was Solomon’s request for wisdom and discernment so pleasing to the Lord?
- How is wisdom different from mere knowledge and intellect?
- Why is it vital to become wise?
- What can you do to gain more wisdom?
- How did pride and lust contribute to Solomon’s fall?
- What can you do to guard yourself against these sins?