January 22, 2017
Rev. Lusienie Fofana
Scripture Readings: 1 Kings 12:1-15, James 1:22-25, Matthew 11:27-30
Read The Story, Chapter 14
or if you don’t have a Story book, read 1 Kings 12-16
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- What caused the kingdom of Israel to be divided?
- How did Rehoboam and Jeroboam both make mistakes?
- What observations do you make about God’s character and what is important to God, based on this chapter?
- Why is it important to always remain loyal to God?
- When have you strayed from God? What caused the straying?
- In what ways has God been kind to you even when you didn’t deserve it?