October 30, 2016
Rev. David Seabaugh
Scripture Readings: Joshua 6:1-20, Matthew 14:22-23
Read The Story, Chapter 7
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Joshua 1-2, 6, 8, 10-11, 23-24
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- How could Joshua be “strong and courageous” in such intimidating situations?
- What do you learn about God from the story of the salvation of Rahab the prostitute?
- What do the string of amazing battle victories the people experiences as they entered the land reveal about who is really in charge of history?
- Why did God order the Israelites to go to war against others? How was this war justified?
- How did Joshua challenge the people in his final speech?
- Why do you think God lavished blessings on Joshua and all the Israelites, who, like Joshua, trusted God?
- What practical steps can you take to gain a deeper faith in God?