February 5, 2017
Rev. Dennis Drews
Scripture Readings: Isaiah 58:3-9a, 1 Corinthians 2:1-11, Matthew 5:13-20
Read The Story, Chapter 16
or if you don’t have a Story book, read 2 Kings 17-19; Isaiah 3, 6, 13-14, 49, 53
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- Why did Hezekiah experience so many difficulties? Does obedience to God guarantee prosperity?
- When Hezekiah received an intimidating letter from his enemies, he “went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it our before the Lord.” When have you reacted to an attack or urgent problem with a similar attitude?
- What were some of the main themes in Isaiah’s prophecies?
- How could God be merciful to His people in light of their actions toward Him?
- How has God shown mercy to you?
- Isaiah foretold the rise and fall of nations. Is God still in control of world events in our day?