February 19, 2017
“Imitate Daniel. Trust God, Trust Yourself.”
Rev. Bob Holst
Scripture Readings: Daniel 6:16-24, Romans 13:1-7, Matthew 5:43-48
Read The Story, Chapter 18
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Daniel 1-3, 6; Jeremiah 29-31
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- In what ways do you see Daniel exhibit his faith in God?
- What enabled Daniel’s three friends to stand against the king’s orders?
- Why did God choose to punish Nebuchadnezzar the way that he did? What was the result of this punishment?
- Why did Daniel prosper under the kings of Babylon and Persia?
- What can you learn about prayer from Daniel?
- What steps can you take to become more devoted to prayer?