October 9, 2016
Rev. David Seabaugh
Scripture Readings: Exodus 3:7-15, Ephesians 2:1-10, Luke 4:14-22
Read The Story, Chapter 4
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Exodus 1-7, 10-17.
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- What was significant about Moses’ birth?
- How did God display His concern and love for His people after hearing their cries and groaning?
- In what ways was Moses qualified to lead the people? In what ways did He feel He was not qualified?
- Have you ever felt unqualified or unable to do something, as Moses did? How did you handle it?
- The Story notes several amazing miracles in the deliverance of the people from Egypt. Do you believe God performs miracles today? Why or why not?
- What can you learn about the character of God from the story of the Israelites’ deliverance from slavery?