November 13, 2016
Rev. Jake Gillard
Scripture Readings: Ruth 4:1-12, 2 Thessalonians 3:1-13, Matthew 1:1-6; 17
Read The Story, Chapter 9
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Ruth 1-4
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- What does Ruth’s story reveal about the love of God?
- What does Ruth’s story reveal about how God views all people groups? What does that mean for you?
- Both Ruth and Naomi suffered tremendous loss. Why does a good and gracious God allow tragedy to come upon those who love him?
- When difficult times come, what causes you to continue to hope in God?
- Ruth left her home to follow Naomi and to follow God. How is God asking you to follow Him?
- In what way do Ruth’s actions and responses challenge you? Encourage you?
- What steps can you take to become a more selfless, loving person?