Week 10: November 16-21
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, Nov 16 Leviticus 4-6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Leviticus 6:1-7 describes how someone who has sinned against his neighbor was to seek to make the matter right with the offended person. Similarly, as the love of Christ compels us, New Testament believers also seek to make restitution for the harm we have caused to others. What example does Luke 19:5-9 provide of the life-changing actions that result when Jesus intervenes in a person’s life? What examples can you give of similar actions on the part of God’s forgiven people?
Tuesday, Nov 17 Leviticus 7-9 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Leviticus 9:23-24 describes the joy of the people when they witnessed the fire from the LORD consuming the sacrifice they had placed upon the altar. According to Psalm 51:14-17, what pleases God even more than sacrifices?
Wednesday, Nov 18 Leviticus 10-11 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. “I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy” records Leviticus 11:44. God’s Word clearly teaches us that, on our own, we can neither be holy nor serve God in holiness (Genesis 8:21). How then has this command from God found fulfillment (See Ephesians 5:25-26)?
Thursday, Nov 19 Leviticus 12-15 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Leviticus 12-15 shows that God would have His people understand how disease can spread from one person to another. Therefore those among God’s people found to be unclean were separated from the group. What comparison might be made with the infectious qualities of sin? See Galatians 6:1.
Friday, Nov 20 Leviticus 16-17 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Before Aaron engaged in his priestly responsibilities, he bathed and dressed in sacred garments (Leviticus 16:4). Compare Aaron’s washing and dressing with Paul’s words to the Galatians, recorded in Galatians 3:26-27. With what have God’s people become clothed through faith?
Saturday, Nov 21 Leviticus 18-19 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. What does God command in Leviticus 18:1-5 regarding the behaviors of the Egyptians and Canaanites?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.