Week 11: November 23-28
Leviticus 20-Numbers 8
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, Nov 23 Leviticus 20-22 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Leviticus 22:9, 16, and 32 describe God making His people holy. How does God sanctify (make holy) His people? See 1 Corinthians 6:11.
Tuesday, Nov 24 Leviticus 23-25 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. God’s Old Testament people offered to Him the firstfruits of their harvest (Leviticus 23:9-14). In what way do God’s people today offer their firstfruits to God?
Wednesday, Nov 25 Leviticus 26-27 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Leviticus 26:1-13 describes the blessings of obedience. What blessings result from obedience that is motivated by God’s grace and goodness? See also James 1:22-25.
Thursday, Nov 26 Numbers 1-3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Numbers 1:2 describes a census which would list the people of God, one by one. What list does Jesus suggest as a source of joy for those whose names are included on it (Luke 10:20; Revelation 21:27)?
Friday, Nov 27 Numbers 4-6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Aaron’s blessing (Numbers 6:24-26) bestows on the people of God His keeping, His grace, and His peace. How does God’s Word describe the peace that is ours in Christ Jesus? See Romans 5:1, John 14:27, and Philippians 4:7.
Saturday, Nov 28 Numbers 7-8 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. God spoke to Moses through a voice from between the cherubim above the atonement cover on the Ark of the Testimony (Numbers 7:89). How has God spoken to His New Testament people? See Hebrews 1:1-3.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.