Week 14: December 14-19
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, Dec 14 Deuteronomy 1 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Moses’ words in the first chapter of Deuteronomy provide an apt picture of our heavenly Father’s love and care for us. Verses 30-31 record, “The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as He did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.” In what ways has God fought for you or carried you as a father carries his son?
Tuesday, Dec 15 Deuteronomy 2 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Deuteronomy 2:7 tells how the LORD has blessed the work of the hands of His people. In what way has God blessed the work of your hands?
Wednesday, Dec 16 Deuteronomy 3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Moses told Joshua, “Do not be afraid of them, the LORD Himself will fight for you” (Deuteronomy 3:22). What comfort do these words bring to you as you face the challenges and fears of your life as a child of God through faith in Christ Jesus?
Thursday, Dec 17 Deuteronomy 4 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. God has sent His only Son to redeem us from sin, death, and Satan’s power and to make of us a people dedicated to Him. What promises does God’s word attach to the obedience He works in those who belong to Him according to Deuteronomy 4:39-40?
Friday, Dec 18 Deuteronomy 5 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. God has given us the Ten Commandments for our good. What do God’s own words recorded for us in Deuteronomy 5:29 reveal about the regard He has for us?
Saturday, Dec 19 Deuteronomy 6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Do you think it is easier to serve God in times of plenty or in time of need? See Deuteronomy 6:10-12. Explain your response.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.