Week 16: December 28-January 2
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, Dec 28 Deuteronomy 16-17 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Review Deuteronomy 17:18-20. Consider yourself in the leadership roles God has given you. Through what means will God empower and direct you as you serve Him in your leadership roles?
Tuesday, Dec 29 Deuteronomy 18-19 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. In Deuteronomy 18:17-18 Moses records, “the LORD said to me: “What they say is good. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him.” In Jesus this prophecy found its fulfillment. In what ways is Jesus similar to Moses?
Wednesday, Dec 30 Deuteronomy 20-21 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. See Deuteronomy 20:1-4. Explain the source of confidence God’s people possess in the face of danger. Why does this confidence seem foolish to those without faith in the one true God?
Thursday, Dec 31 Deuteronomy 22-23 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Compare Deuteronomy 22:1-4 with the commandment, “You shall not steal” (Deuteronomy 5:19). How do these two sections from Deuteronomy relate one to the other?
Friday, Jan 1 Deuteronomy 24 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Review Deuteronomy 24:17-22. Describe how God desires His people to treat those who are in need, even those in need who are not among the fellowship of believers. See also Hebrews 13:16.
Saturday, Jan 2 Deuteronomy 25-26 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. According to Deuteronomy 26:16-19, how does God desire His people to differ from unbelievers? As God’s power works in us through the means of grace, what difference would God have us make among those unbelievers whose lives we touch? See 1 Peter 2:9-12.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.