Week 25: March 1-6
I Samuel 16-23
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, March 1 I Samuel 16 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Review 1 Samuel 16:1–13. Then describe Saul and David in light of Mark 12:33.
Tuesday, March 2 I Samuel 17 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. With the LORD’s help, young David killed the evil, vulgar Goliath who blatantly defied God. Apply 1 Samuel 17:47 to the evil foes Jesus faced on our behalf.
Wednesday, March 3 I Samuel 18-19 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. How does Jonathan, the prince of Israel, remind us of Jesus, the prince of heaven? See 1 Samuel 18:1–4 and 2 Corinthians 8:9.
Thursday, March 4 I Samuel 20-21 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Saul reprimanded his son with the words, “As long as the son of Jesse lives on this earth, neither you nor your kingdom will be established. Now send and bring him to me, for he must die (1 Samuel 20:31)!” On what grounds did Jonathan rightly disobey his father (See also Acts 5:29)?
Friday, March 5 I Samuel 22 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. See 1 Samuel 22:1–4. How did David provide for the welfare of his parents at a time when he might well have rationalized that their care was not his responsibility?
Saturday, March 6 I Samuel 23 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. According to 1 Samuel 23:1–14, how did David demonstrate his reliance upon God’s grace and protection?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.