Week 27: March 15-20
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, March 15 2 Samuel 1-2 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Saul, who had repeatedly hunted and sought to kill David, committed suicide in the battle that also took the life of Jonathan, Saul’s son and David’s closest friend. Note the lament David wrote concerning Saul and his son Jonathan (2 Samuel 1:19-27). In what way is David’s lament remarkable, given the circumstances of Saul’s relationship with David? What does it reveal about David’s faith?
Tuesday, March 16 2 Samuel 3-4 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. 2 Samuel 4:1-12 records how brothers Recab and Baanah did the wrong thing for the right reason and suffered the consequences. What examples of doing the wrong thing for the right reason do you find in your own life or in the world around you?
Wednesday, March 17 2 Samuel 5 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. In what way do the words of the LORD spoken to David, recorded in 2 Samuel 5:1-2, remind us of one of David’s descendants who would be born some 1000 years after David’s time. See Matthew 15:21-28.
Thursday, March 18 2 Samuel 6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Review 2 Samuel 6:12-19. In what various ways did David show His delight and love for the LORD?
Friday, March 19 2 Samuel 7 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. David planned to build a house for the LORD. Compare the house David wanted to build for the LORD with the house the LORD built for David(2 Samuel 7:1-16).
Saturday, March 20 2 Samuel 8-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. What do David’s words in 2 Samuel 9:3 suggest about the ultimate motivation for David’s kindness to Mephibosheth of the family of Saul?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.