Week 29: March 29-April 3
2 Samuel 23-1 Kings 8
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, March 29 2 Samuel 23 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. According to 2 Samuel 23:5, why can David rest secure?
Tuesday, March 30 2 Samuel 24 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. By God’s grace, David was able to keep things in perspective. Explain his words in 2 Samuel 24:14.
Wednesday, March 31 1 Kings 1-2 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. In his final words before his death, David reminded Solomon of God’s promise: If your descendants watch how they live, and if they walk faithfully before Me with all their heart and soul, you will never fail to have a man on the throne of Israel” (1 Kings 2:4). How are God’s people today empowered to walk faithfully before God with all their heart and soul? See 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
Thursday, April 1 1 Kings 3-4 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Reflect on God’s grace to Solomon in response to Solomon’s request (1 Kings 3:1-15). What quality of God is exemplified by God’s action in these verses? See also Ephesians 3:20.
Friday, April 2 1 Kings 5-7 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Workers erected two pillars at the entrance to Solomon’s temple. These were named Jakin, which probably means He establishes and Boaz, which probably means in Him is strength (1 Kings 7:21).Why are these names fitting reminders for those worshiping at the Temple?
Saturday, April 3 1 Kings 8 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Review the portion of Solomon’s prayer at the dedication of the Temple recorded in 1 Kings 8:23-24. What quality of God, mentioned by King Solomon, supports his statement, “There is no God like You in heaven above or on earth below”?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.