Week 32: April 19-24
2 Kings 6-16
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, April 19 2 Kings 6-7 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. What good news were the lepers keeping to themselves (2 Kings 7:1-9)? What good news are we sometime guilty of keeping to ourselves (Acts 5:42)?
Tuesday, April 20 2 Kings 8 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Consider God’s blessing to the Shunammite (2 Kings 8:6). How do you explain these blessings in light of Matthew 6:33.
Wednesday, April 21 2 Kings 9-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Review 2 Kings 10:1-31. Relate the events recorded in these verse to God’s promise of 1 Kings 21:20-24, 29?
Thursday, April 22 2 Kings 11-12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. 2 Kings 11:21 records that Joash was seven years old when he became king of Judah. What does Joash’s age suggest about the way in which God sometimes works (see 1 Timothy 4:12)?
Friday, April 23 2 Kings 13-14 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. 2 Kings 13:20-21 recorded a miraculous event. How does this Old Testament occurrence remind us of the resurrection of all who love and trust in Jesus? See John 11:25-26?
Saturday, April 24 2 Kings 15-16 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Influenced by pagans and their religion, King Ahaz oversaw the construction of an altar modeled after an altar in Damascus (2 Kings 16:10-11). What examples could you give of how God’s people today might allow their worship to be influenced by the practices of those without faith in the true God?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.