Week 33: April 26-May 1
2 Kings 17-25
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, April 26 2 Kings 17 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Review 2 Kings 17:7-18, especially verse 18. What event, yet to occur, do these verses remind us (see Matthew 25:31-33)?
Tuesday, April 27 2 Kings 18-19 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Godly king Hezekiah shattered the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it (2 Kings 18:4). The bronze snake, called Nehushtan (verse 4) had been an object through which God brought deliverance to His people. How else might God’s people demonstrate inappropriate devotion to an instrument through which God brings deliverance at the expense of the worship they might offer to God Himself?
Wednesday, April 28 2 Kings 20 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. 2 Kings 20:1-11 tells of God’s restoration of health to Hezekiah in answer to his prayer. What can we learn from the way healing came to Hezekiah about the way God often heals in answer to the prayers of His people?
Thursday, April 29 2 Kings 21 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. What a change from the reign of godly King Hezekiah to that of his son King Mannasseh! Read 2 Kings 21:1-16, especially verse 9. Comment on the hold the devil was able to win over God’s chosen people during this period of time.
Friday, April 30 2 Kings 22-23 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. 2 Kings 22:8-11 tells about how the kingdom of Judah had become ignorant of the Word of God. What takes place as people regularly read, hear, and otherwise receive the God’s Word (1 Thessalonians 2:13)?
Saturday, May 1 2 Kings 24-25 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Connect the ending verses of 2 Kings (25:27-30) with the promise God had given His people regarding the house of David (2 Samuel 7:14-16). What ultimately resulted from this promise (Luke 2:8-11)?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.