Week 34: May 3-8
I Chronicles 1-17
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, May 3 I Chronicles 1-4 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. The first four chapters of 1 Chronicles lists the generations of the people of God beginning with Adam and continuing to the days of Judah’s exile. Read Psalm 89:1-4. Of what do these opening chapters in 1 Chronicles remind us?
Tuesday, May 4 I Chronicles 5-8 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Contrast the life and work of Aaron and his descendants as described in 1 Chronicles 6:49 with that of Jesus (Hebrews 9:11-15).
Wednesday, May 5 I Chronicles 9-12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. The coronation of David as king was celebrated with eating and drinking (1 Chronicles 12:38-40). See Revelation 19:7-9. Of what other feast might David’s coronation remind us?
Thursday, May 6 I Chronicles 13-14 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. At David’s direction, the people moved the Ark of the Covenant. But in the moving of it they disobeyed God (see 1 Chronicles 13:7-11; 15:13-15) and God struck Uzzah, one of the movers, dead on the spot. What does this action demonstrate for us about God? See Psalm 5:4-5.
Friday, May 7 I Chronicles 15-16 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. In gratitude to God David wrote a psalm (1 Chronicles 16:7-36). According to verse 29 of the psalm, in addition to offering God words of thanks, spoken and sung, how else do God’s people express gratitude to Him?
Saturday, May 8 I Chronicles 17 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Reflect personally on the opening words to David’s prayer (1 Chronicles 17:16). In what way do these same words apply also to you?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.