Week 40: June 14-19
Ezra 9-Nehemiah 10
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, June 14 Ezra 9-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Relate the following segment from Ezra’s prayer to yourself and God’s other faithful people around you, “O LORD, God of Israel, You are righteous! We are left this day as a remnant. Here we are before You in our guilt, though because of it not one of us can stand in Your presence” (Ezra 9:15).
Tuesday, June 15 Nehemiah 1 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Upon learning of the deplorable conditions in Jerusalem, Nehemiah comes before God in repentant prayer. According to Nehemiah 1:10, what is the relationship between God’s people and God? How was this relationship established?
Wednesday, June 16 Nehemiah 2-3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Review Nehemiah 2:1–20. For what purpose and to what effect did Nehemiah speak the words described in verse 18?
Thursday, June 17 Nehemiah 4-6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. God’s people continued in their labor to repair the walls of Jerusalem, though threatened by enemies and fatigue. With what words did Nehemiah encourage the people (Nehemiah 4:14)?
Friday, June 18 Nehemiah 7-8 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Upon hearing God’s Word, the people were instructed by Nehemiah, Ezra, and the other leaders, “Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10c). At which times in your life might these words from Nehemiah be especially meaningful to you?
Saturday, June 19 Nehemiah 9-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Explain words of Nehemiah 9:33 in light of your own life and experience.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.