Week 43: July 5-10
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, July 5 Job 15-17 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Job’s words, recorded in Job 16:19–22 remind us of Romans 8:26–27. Who promises to intercede for the people of God when we, like Job of old, feel weak and incapable?
Tuesday, July 6 Job 18-19 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Explain Job’s confession of faith, recorded in Job 19:25–27.
Wednesday, July 7 Job 20-21 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Consider Job’s description of the wicked in Job 21:7–16. How according to Matthew 5:43–48 would God have us treat the unrighteous?
Thursday, July 8 Job 22-24 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. In Job 23:10 Job observes, “But He knows the way that I take when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.” What perspective on human suffering does 1 Peter 1:3–7 provide?
Friday, July 9 Job 25-28 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Job 28:20–28 records Job’s thoughts on wisdom. Identify the core of true wisdom for the believer. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.
Saturday, July 10 Job 29-31 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Review Job 29–31. Under Christ-controlled conditions, yes, suffering can set off a chain of events that helps us grow as God’s children. But suffering itself cannot do that. What does? (See Romans 5:3–5.)
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.