Week 6: October 19-24
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, Oct 19 Exodus 5-6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. When Moses and Aaron asked Pharaoh to release God’s people from bondage, he responded, “Who is the LORD, that I should obey Him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go (Exodus 5:2). Comment on Pharaoh’s response in light of Exodus 3:19 and John 14:15.
Tuesday, Oct 20 Exodus 7 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Review Exodus 7. Through God’s mighty acts of judgment against the Egyptians, God made Himself known to the ungodly while delivering His people. Tell how this saving event is similar to another event still to come. See Matthew 25:31-32.
Wednesday, Oct 21 Exodus 8-9 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Review Exodus 8:22-23. What distinction always exists between unbelievers and the people of God?
Thursday, Oct 22 Exodus 10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Describe the consequences of Pharaoh’s spiritual condition as referenced in Exodus 10:7.
Friday, Oct 23 Exodus 11-12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Consider Exodus 12:35-36. In what way did God provide for His people upon their departure from Egypt?
Saturday, Oct 24 Exodus 13 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. God assured the people of Israel of His presence and guided them with a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night (Exodus 13:20-22). How does God assure His people of His presence and guide them today? See Matthew 28:18-20.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.