March 28-April 2
Luke 16-John 3
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, March 28 Luke 17-18 Read & Listen Online Luke 17 Read & Listen Online Luke 18 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. What do you think caused the conflict between Jesus and His disciples in Luke 18:15-17?
Tuesday, March 29 Luke 19-20 Read & Listen Online Luke 19 Read & Listen Online Luke 20 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Many people, like the rich ruler (Luke 18:18ff), sought Jesus out. Here, Jesus seeks out Zacchaeus. Why did He do this (Luke 19:10)?
Wednesday, March 30 Luke 21-22 Read & Listen Online Luke 21 Read & Listen Online Luke 22 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Review Luke 22:7-13. It’s not by chance, but rather by God’s design, that the Lord Jesus died during the week of Passover. The Passover meal was the centerpiece of that celebration. In what way did that meal look back to God’s great act of deliverance? (See Exodus 12:1-17.)
Thursday, March 31 Luke 23-24 Read & Listen Online Luke 23 Read & Listen Online Luke 24 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Pontius Pilate was “governor” or the region, Rome’s representative in this far-flung and in hospitable outpost. He had absolute authority and the power of the Roman legions to back him up. He was not Jewish and, as nearly as we can tell, had no interest in the God his people worshiped. On what does Pilate base His verdict (Luke 23:4)? (See also John 18:36-38.)
Friday, April 1 John 1-2 Read & Listen Online John 1 Read & Listen Online John 2 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. One of the great themes of John’s prolog is that Jesus is the Word of God. What significant statements does John make about Jesus as the Word of God in John 1:1-4?
Saturday, April 2 John 3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. John 3:16 is probably the best-known verse of the New Testament. Take a few minutes to think about it. What does it tell you about God?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889