John 15-Acts 2
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, April 11 John 15-16 Read & Listen Online John 15 Read & Listen Online John 16 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. What does John 15:10 have to say about Christian obedience and Christian freedom?
Tuesday, April 12 John 17 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. The words of John 17:15-17 need to be etched in our memories. The Christian faith is not so weak and delicate that it can survive only in cloistered seclusion from the world. Jesus does not want His followers to hide away in a monastery, a church, or a narrow, self-serving life. He has given us our marching orders. We are to follow Him. We are to go where He went. Where does He send us? For what does He pray as we live dangerously, daringly for Him?
Wednesday, April 13 John 18-19 Read & Listen Online John 18 Read & Listen Online John 19 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Review John 18:1-27. John has indicated previously that Jesus knew what was going to happen to Him—that He allowed it to happen. He was in control of events. How was this shown at the time of His capture? See also Matthew 26:51-54.
4. John recorded the last words spoken by Jesus on the cross (John 19:30). Matthew 27:50 and Mark 15:37 tell us how He uttered these words. What was Jesus referring to when He said, “It is finished?”
Thursday, April 14 John 20-21 Read & Listen Online John 20 Read & Listen Online John 21 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Our resurrected Lord invited Thomas to touch what the hymn writer describes as “rich wounds yet visible above.” Someday we too will see where nails and spear pierced our Savior’s flesh. What do these wounds prove about God’s Son?
Friday, April 15 Acts 1 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Observe Acts 1:8 carefully. It is the key verse in Acts. In it Luke gives us a capsule outline of the whole book. According to what geographic pattern was the Christian witness to advance? What does this key passage reveal about the nature and purpose of the church?
Saturday, April 16 Acts 2 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
7. In the final verses of Acts 2, the Holy Spirit offers us a glimpse of how the newborn church functioned. Describe the four vital aspects of body life listed in Acts 2:42.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889