GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, April 18 Acts 3-4 Read & Listen Online Acts 3 Read & Listen Online Acts 4 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. What is the external evidence of being “filled with the Holy Spirit” in Acts 4:31? How did the Holy Spirit manifest Himself in the fellowship of believers (4:29-31)?
Tuesday, April 19 Acts 5 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. What does Luke call the assembly of believers for the first time in Acts 5:11? What is the significance of this term?
Wednesday, April 20 Acts 6-8 Read & Listen Online Acts 6 Read & Listen Online Acts 7 Read & Listen Online Acts 8 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. When actual good is being done in the world by the church and its members, there will be opposition. Who opposed Stephen (Acts 6:9)? Why could no one refute him (v. 10)? How did this fulfill the promise in Luke 21:15? How can you claim this promise for yourself?
Thursday, April 21 Acts 9 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. What conditions named in Acts 9:31 are evidences of a healthy church?
Friday, April 22 Acts 10-11 Read & Listen Online Acts 10 Read & Listen Online Acts 11 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. What finally and fully convinced Peter that God intended Gentiles to be a part of the body of Christ (Acts 10:44-48)? Who else observed this phenomenon (v. 45)? How did this evidence prove indispensable in convincing Jewish Christians in Jerusalem when they challenged Peter’s conduct (11:15-18)? If Peter and the Jewish leaders refused to accept the Gentiles, whom would they be opposing (v. 17)?
Saturday, April 23 Acts 12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. How does the simple report in Acts 12:24 stand in sharp contrast to what Herod, with all his power and the intense evil of his nature, had tried to accomplish? See verses 1-2. What message do we get concerning God’s power as opposed to all human resources and authority?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889