GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, April 25 Acts 13-14 Read & Listen Online Acts 13 Read & Listen Online Acts 14 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Note the elements of Paul’s first recorded sermon which was to a mixed Jewish/Gentile audience (Acts 13:16-41). How did he introduce the subject of Jesus? To what essential doctrine did he make reference in verse 39? What is “justification”? Use a Bible dictionary if necessary.
Tuesday, April 26 Acts 15 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Define the issue which threatened to divide the church in Acts 15:1 and 5. What contribution to the Jerusalem council was made by a) Peter (vv. 7-11), b) Paul and Barnabas (v. 12), and c) James, the brother of Jesus and apparent leader of the Jerusalem church (vv. 13:21)?
Wednesday, April 27 Acts 16 Read & Listen (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. What principle do you discover in Acts 16:25 for triumphing in troubled circumstances? Remember the apostles’ bodies were bruised and lacerated, and they had been thrown into a dark and deadly prison.
Thursday, April 28 Acts 17-18:22 Read & Listen Online Acts 17 Read & Listen Online Acts 18 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Wherein did the noble mindedness of the Bereans lie (Acts 17:11)? What lesson can you draw from this in regard to your own spiritual work?
Friday, April 29 Acts 18:23-21:15 Read & Listen Online Acts 18 Read & Listen Online Acts 19 Read & Listen Online Acts 20 Read & Listen Online Acts 21 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. What do you learn from Acts 19:13-19 about mixing sorcery with true religion? What was the effect of purging occult elements from the church in Ephesus (19:20)? What are you holding onto in your life which you know is contrary to God’s will? How does the Holy Spirit help you to eliminate any ungodly thing from your life?
Saturday, April 30 Acts 21:28-23 Read & Listen Online Acts 21 Read & Listen Online Acts 22 Read & Listen Online Acts 23 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Acts 23:11 records a loving appearance of the Lord to Paul at night in prison. What must Paul’s state of mind have been? Why would one commentator call this the “darkest hour” of Paul’s preaching career? What was the Lord’s message to him at this point? When has the Lord given you special encouragement in a time of particular need?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889