Acts 24-Romans 6
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, May 2 Acts 24-26 Read & Listen Online Acts 24 Read & Listen Online Acts 25 Read & Listen Online Acts 26 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Note the responses of Festus and Agrippa to Paul’s testimony in Acts 26:24, 28. When are similar reactions voiced today against true witnesses of the Gospel? How is the burning passion of Paul’s life revealed in the touching response of verse 29?
Tuesday, May 3 Acts 27-28 Read & Listen Online Acts 27 Read & Listen Online Acts 28 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Review Acts 27. Paul started out on the trip as one of several prisoners. By the time the voyage was over he was the hero and virtual leader of crew and passengers. What was the secret of his strength (Acts 27:23-25)? How is the same strength available to you in the pressures of life (Psalm 23:4)?
Wednesday, May 4 Romans 1-2 Read & Listen Online Romans 1 Read & Listen Online Romans 2 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. How does Paul summarize the basic human situation that produces all of his problems (Romans 1:18)? What does it mean when Paul states that human beings are “godless”?
Thursday, May 5 Romans 3-4 Read & Listen Online Romans 3 Read & Listen Online Romans 4 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Read Romans 3:23-24. Are there any differences in how some people are able to approach God?
Friday, May 6 Romans 5 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Verses 2, 4, and 5 of Romans 5 mention “hope.” Why is our hope certain? On what is this hope based? On the basis of verse 5, how are we reminded of this certain hope?
Saturday, May 7 Romans 6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Paul begins Romans 6:1 with a rhetorical question: “Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?” He responds with a very emphatic “By no means!”, which is sometimes also translated “God forbid!” What is the basis of this response from Paul? (See especially vv. 3-5.)
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889