I Corinthians 11-2 Corinthians 4
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, May 23 1 Corinthians 11-12 Read & Listen Online 1 Corinthians 11 Read & Listen Online 1 Corinthians 12 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Paul has strong things to say about eating and drinking the Lord’s Supper in an “unworthy manner” (1 Corinthians 11:27), “without recognizing the boy of the Lord” (v. 29). Notice that taking part unworthily is a sin against the Lord’s body and blood. Paul recommends that we examine ourselves before taking part in the Lord’s Supper. What might we ask our Lord to reveal to us in such an examination?
Tuesday, May 24 1 Corinthians 13-14 Read & Listen Online 1 Corinthians 13 Read & Listen Online 1 Corinthians 14
2. Verses 3-7 in 1 Corinthians 13 define love by how it acts. Compare the love Paul describes with the way love is generally presented in our own culture today.
Wednesday, May 25 1 Corinthians 15 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Paul concludes 1 Corinthians 15 by encouraging his brothers to stand firm and to give themselves fully to the Lord’s work. What is the connection between the resurrection of Christ and Paul’s words of encouragement in verse 58?
Thursday, May 26 1 Corinthians 16 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. In 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, Paul speaks some final strong words of admonition and encouragement. What are the five things he encourages?
Friday, May 27 2 Corinthians 1-2 Read & Listen Online 2 Corinthians 1 Read & Listen Online 2 Corinthians 2 (Click “Audio” link to listen)5. How might 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 comfort someone in a difficult trial or temptation who was worried about whether or not he/she could make it through?
Saturday, May 28 2 Corinthians 3-4 Read & Listen Online 2 Corinthians 3 Read & Listen Online 2 Corinthians 4 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Read 2 Corinthians 3:7-18. Paul declares that the ministry of the Spirit (the new covenant, founded on the Gospel proclaimed by the Spirit) is more glorious than the ministry of the old covenant. Why? See verses 9 and 11.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889