Week 8: November 2-7
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, Nov 2 Exodus 23-24 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Relate the experience of the people of Israel recorded in Exodus 24:9-11 to that of the disciples after Jesus’ resurrection (Luke 24:30). Relate it also to your encounter with God when you receive the Lord’s Supper (1 Corinthians 11:24-25).
Tuesday, Nov 3 Exodus 25-27 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. God asked the people of Israel to make a tabernacle (Exodus 26), which God describes as a sanctuary. How is your house of worship a sanctuary for you?
Wednesday, Nov 4 Exodus 28-29 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Compare the priestly garments of the Old Testament (Exodus 28:1-5) with the garment of the saints in heaven (Revelation 7:13-14).
Thursday, Nov 5 Exodus 30-31 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. In Exodus 31:12-18, God commands His people to observe the Sabbath. Explain the Sabbathrest God offers His people as described in Hebrews 3:16-4:2.
Friday, Nov 6 Exodus 32 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. In their worship of the golden calf, the people of Israel attributed to the idol the works God had done on their behalf (see Exodus 32:8). How do those who have fallen away from the true God do the same today in their actions and reasonings?
Saturday, Nov 7 Exodus 33 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Exodus 33:18-23 tells how God revealed His glory to Moses. Later New Testament believers beheld the glory of God’s only Son (John 1:14). How did Jesus reveal His glory and for what purpose (John 2:11)?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.