GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, July 18 Hebrews 2 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. In Hebrews 2:6-8 the writer refers to Psalm 8 and Genesis 1:27-30. While the writer of Psalm 8 apparently was writing about humans, the words also point to Jesus, the greatest man. What authority was given to man? To Jesus (see Hebrews 2:9)?
Tuesday, July 19 Hebrews 3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. The devil tempts all Christians to doubt the goodness of God. All fall victim to this sin at times. Then the devil tries to change the doubt into unbelief, a condition in which we have completely lost our trust in God. When Satan succeeds here, he moves to the final step, the hardening of the heart and a resistance to anything that is of God. According to Hebrews 3:13 how can we help one another overcome sin’s deceitfulness?
Wednesday, July 20 Hebrews 4 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. God’s Word is called a double-edged sword in Hebrews 4:12-13. As such it penetrates our very being, calls us to account by revealing what may be hidden to all humans, and judges our every attitude and thought. Read John 12:48. What else does it judge?
Thursday, July 21 Hebrews 5 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. By one act God accomplished eternal salvation for all who believe in Jesus. How is that stated in Heb rews 5:9?
Friday, July 22 Hebrews 6 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Growth to maturity requires us to build on “elementary teachings” (6:1), to go beyond always rebuilding the foundation. What ABCs does the writer mention in Hebrews 6:1-3?
Saturday, July 23 Hebrews 7 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. The old covenant with its human priesthood and its system of sacrifices and “dos” and “don’ts” is obsolete. How can we be sure that Christ’s priesthood will not also become obsolete, according to Hebrews 7:24-25?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889