GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, July 25 Hebrews 8 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Because it’s hard to imagine that anything can be absolutely free, we may have trouble understanding grace. We feel we must do something to earn God’s favor. Yet, God’s grace is truly free! Read the first sentence of Hebrews 8:10. Which words tell you that God is freely giving His grace?
Tuesday, July 26 Hebrews 9 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Both old and new covenants had to be sealed with blood. What according to Hebrews 9:16-18, accompanies the shedding of blood?
Wednesday, July 27 Hebrews 10:1-18 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Read Hebrews 10:17-18. What assurance of God’s complete forgiveness do you find there?
Thursday, July 28 Hebrews 10:19-39 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Hebrews 10:23 exhorts us to hang onto the hope given to us. Why are we able to do this?
Friday, July 29 Hebrews 11 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Read Hebrews 11:35-39. What characteristic describes those who enter the “Hall of Faith”?
Saturday, July 30 Hebrews 12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Review Hebrews 12:4-13. What is the relationship between love and discipline?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889