Week 9: November 9-14
Exodus 34-Leviticus 3
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, Nov 9 Exodus 34 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Describe God’s judgment and grace as recorded in Exodus 34:5-7. Give evidence of God’s grace as you have come to know it. Give evidence of God’s judgment.
Tuesday, Nov 10 Exodus 35-36 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Exodus 35:20-36:7 records the generosity of God’s people—everyone who was willing and whose heart moved him. What motivates God’s people to give generously? See 2 Corinthians 8:9.
Wednesday, Nov 11 Exodus 37-38 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Exodus 37:1-9 describes the making of the Ark of the Covenant, which was to be the focal point of God’s presence among His people. Why was the ark designed to be portable? What message does the portability of the ark provide to God’s people today? See also Matthew 28:20.
Thursday, Nov 12 Exodus 39-40 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. The priestly breast piece held 12 precious stone representing the 12 tribes of the Old Testament people of God (Exodus 39:8-14). Describe the assembly of God’s people of all time. See Revelation 7:9-10.
Friday, Nov 13 Leviticus 1 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Consider Leviticus 1:3, 5 and 1 Peter 1:18-19. How does do the animal selected for the sacrifice remind us of Jesus, the ultimate sacrifice for all sins?
Saturday, Nov 14 Leviticus 2-3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Note the reference to sacrifices as an aroma pleasing to the LORD (Leviticus 3:5, 16). Consider also Ephesians 5:2 and Philippians 4:18. What actions of New Testament believers are a “fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God”?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.