August 29-September 3
GodSpeak readings for each day are listed below. Click the link to read the section and/or listen online. A discussion question is listed below for you to use in your GodSpeak group session or for discussion with others who are reading along.
Monday, August 29 Revelation 6:1-8:5 Read & Listen Online Revelation 6 Read & Listen Online Revelation 7 Read & Listen Online Revelation 8 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Read Revelation 7:9-17. What is the significance of the white robes and palms (see Revelation 7:14; John 12:12-13)?
Tuesday, August 30 Revelation 8:6-9:21 Read & Listen Online Revelation 8 Read & Listen Online Revelation 9 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Read Revelation 9:13-21. What evidence do you see that God has not yet withdrawn His offer of grace, forgiveness, and acceptance from this world? What does all this suggest about why God has placed you in this world at this time and place?
Wednesday, August 31 Revelation 10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Read Revelation 10:5-7. What is the significance of the scroll being both sweet and sour (see Psalm 119:103; Jeremiah 15:16; Ezekiel 3:3)?
Thursday, September 1 Revelation 11 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Read Revelation 11:7-14. In symbolic language, this section shows us that final persecution and triumph in which the church follows its Lord to death and resurrection. When will this persecution take place (v. 7; see also Matthew 24:14)?
Friday, September 2 Revelation 12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. What is the basis of our confidence and joy before the throne of God? See Revelation 12:10-12.
Saturday, September 3 Revelation 13 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Compare Daniel 7:1-28 with Revelation 13:1-10. Identify at least three similarities between these two visions.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889