April 16, 2017 (Easter)
Rev. Dennis Drews
Scripture Readings: Jeremiah 31:1-6, Colossians 3:1-4, Matthew 4:1-11
Read The Story, Chapter 26 & 27
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Matthew 26-28; Mark 14-16; Luke 9, 22-23; John 7-8, 11-14, 16-19
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”Jesus
- What did Jesus predict at the Last Supper with His disciples?
- Why did Jesus have to die?
- How did Jesus’ followers respond to the tragic events?
- What implications does Jesus’ death on the cross for the sins of humanity have for your life?
- What can you learn about God’s love through these events?
- In what way has Jesus’ life/death affected the way you live your life from day to day?
- Why do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead? What difference does it make in your life knowing He is alive today?
- When Jesus appeared to people after His resurrection, how do you think their lives were changed?
- What does Jesus’ resurrection from the dead reveal about God’s power over death and sin?