October 2, 2016
Rev. David Seabaugh
Scripture Readings: Genesis 41:14-42; Matthew 10:40-42
Read The Story, Chapter 3
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Genesis 37; 39; 41-48; 50.
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- Why did Joseph’s brothers want to get rid of him?
- Why does God allow hurtful things to happen to people?
- What were the positive effects of Joseph’s being sold into slavery?
- What does Joseph’s statement to his brothers, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good,” tell you about God?
- In what ways have you seen God work through the most bleak and hopeless situations to cause a greater good?
- Why can God be trusted at all times?