October 16, 2016
Rev. Lusienie Fofana
Scripture Readings: Exodus 20:1-10, Hebrews 12:25-29, John 4:19-24
Read The Story, Chapter 5
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Exodus 19-20; 24-25; 32-34; 40
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- How were the people to prepare themselves to meet with God?
- What does this story of the giving of these new commands tell you about the character of God?
- What was the purpose of the 10 Commandments?
- How can God be both the merciful forgiver of sin and the punisher of the guilty?
- The Israelites became impatient and finally made a golden idol in the shape of a calf for themselves. What are some false gods/idols worshiped in our society today?
- The Lord spoke to Moses “as one speaks to a friend.” What steps can you take to gain a deeper understanding of who God is?