November 27, 2017
Rev. Jake Gillard
Scripture Readings: 1 Samuel 18:6-11, Ephesians 2:4-10, John 16:9-15
Read The Story, Chapter 11
or if you don’t have a Story book, read 1 Samuel 16-18, 24, 31; 2 Sam. 6, 22; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 59
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- Why was David chosen to be the next king of Israel?
- What obstacles did David face to become the king he was anointed to be?
- How was David able to face a giant when so many others gave way to fear?
- Why did David spare Saul when he had the chance to be free of Saul’s attempts to kill him? What would you have done?
- David had a single goal (that the God of Israel would be glorified) because he had a single love (the God of Israel). What can you do to cultivate a heart like David’s?