October 23, 2016
Rev. Jake Gillard
Scripture Readings: Numbers 11:24-30, Acts 7:36-53, Matthew 10:1-10
Read The Story, Chapter 6
or if you don’t have a Story book, read Numbers 10-14, 20-21, 25, 27, Deuteronomy 1-2, 4, 6, 8-9, 29-32, 40
Questions to think through and pray through with your small group and family
Taken from the back of The Story book “Discussion Questions”
- What do you think was the root cause of most of the Israelites’ problems? Why?
- How did God respond to the people’s lack of faith?
- Why is God so radically opposed to sin?
- What do you learn from Moses’ leadership throughout this difficult period? How did he display frustration and faith?
- Have you ever felt as if you were “wandering in the wilderness” – spiritually or emotionally? Explain.
- How can having faith in what God has promised help you in difficult times?