Week 12: November 30-December 5
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, Nov 30 Numbers 9-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Numbers 10:9 records, “When you go into battle in your own land against an enemy who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets. Then you will be remembered by the LORD your God and rescued from your enemies.” In many congregations trumpet blasts can be heard during worship services on Easter Sunday. Reflect on Numbers 10:9 and the appropriateness of trumpet blasts on Easter Sunday.
Tuesday, Dec 1 Numbers 11-12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Moses was incredulous when God told Him He was about to provide the nation of people with a month’s worth of meat to eat. God’s reply, “Is the LORD’s arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you.” Then God indeed kept His promise. What means did He use to keep His promise (Numbers 11:31-32)? Through what means does God fulfill His promises to you? See 1 Peter 1:23, Titus 3:5, John 20:22-23, & Matthew 26:26-28.
Wednesday, Dec 2 Numbers 13-15 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. After the people of Israel sinned against Him, God sought to destroy them, but Moses interceded (Numbers 14:10-19). Of whom do the actions of Moses remind you? See Hebrews 7:23-25. How do their intercessions differ?
Thursday, Dec 3 Numbers 16-18 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. The people of Israel grumbled. God responded by sending a plague among the people. Then, at Moses’ direction, Aaron ran into the midst of the assembly and offered incense and made atonement for the people. Numbers 16:48 says, “He stood between the living and the dead, and the plague stopped.” How do Aaron’s actions remind us of the saving work of Jesus? See Hebrews 2:17.
Friday, Dec 4 Numbers 19-20 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. God did not permit Moses and Aaron to enter the promised land because of their disobedience at the waters of Meribah. How was God’s grace evidenced to Moses and Aaron & God’s people at the death of Aaron (see Numbers 20:22-29, especially verse 28)?
Saturday, Dec 5 Numbers 21 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Numbers 21 records Israel’s sin against God and against Moses and the LORD’s sending of venomous snakes. The account illustrates God’s calling of the people to repentance so that He might turn them back to Himself and rescue and save them. Describe a call to repentance and/or redirection that God has made to you in your life.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.