Week 13: December 7-12
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, Dec 7 Numbers 22-25 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. When Israel fell into sin with the Moabites, Phinehas took action. God commends him “because he was zealous for the honor of his God and made atonement for the Israelites” (Numbers 25:13). In what way may God be calling you to demonstrate your zeal for Him in your life?
Tuesday, Dec 8 Numbers 26-27 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. God told Moses, “Go up this mountain in the Abarim range and see the land I have given the Israelites. After you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaron was” (Numbers 27:13). When we die, we too will be “gathered to our people.” How does Revelation 7:9 picture the people to whom we will be gathered?
Wednesday, Dec 9 Numbers 28-30 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. The day of firstfruits (Numbers 28:26) occurred 50 days after the Feast of unleavened bread. Therefore, New Testament believers referred to it as Pentecost (meaning 50). What firstfruits were gathered at the Pentecost that took place 50 days after Easter as described in Acts 2:1-41; especially 41?
Thursday, Dec 10 Numbers 31 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. In Numbers 31:1-2 God tells Moses to do battle against the unbelieving Midianites. After that God would gather Moses to his people (Moses would die). In what ways may God be calling you to do battle against the forces of the ungodly before He calls you home?
Friday, Dec 11 Numbers 32-34 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Moses accepts a plan presented to him by the leaders of the tribes of Reuben and Gad as a pledge. He proceeds to warn them about the consequences of failing to live up to their commitment saying, “But if you fail to do this, you will be sinning against the LORD: and you may be sure that your sin will find you out” (Numbers 32:23). In what ways do our sins eventually “find us out”?
Saturday, Dec 12 Numbers 35-36 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Compare Numbers 35 regarding the cities of refuge and Hebrews 13:12-14. What is our ultimate “city of refuge” (Hebrews 13:14)? In what ways do God’s people find themselves “looking for” that city?
7. The book of Numbers ends with a comment about the daughters of Zelophehad who obeyed the LORD in their choice of married partners and therefore secured their God-given inheritance (Numbers 36). In what way do godly women today honor God in their selection of marriage partners?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.