Week 18: Deuteronomy 33-Joshua 7
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, Jan 11 Deuteronomy 33 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. According to Deuteronomy 33:29, what is distinctive about the people of God?
Tuesday, Jan 12 Deuteronomy 34 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. In a sense all of us are like Moses standing at the top of the mountain gazing out over the land that God has promised to give to His people (Deuteronomy 34). See Hebrews 11:13-16 and explain.
Wednesday, Jan 13 Joshua 1 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. In Joshua 1:1–9, God directs Joshua to remain in His Word (see especially verse 8), assuring Joshua that He would be with him in his leadership just as He was with Moses. God’s promises to Joshua as a leader of God’s people extend also to His people in leadership positions today. What opportunities has God given you to lead others as His representative at home? At church? elsewhere?
Thursday, Jan 14 Joshua 2-3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Canaanite prostitute Rahab welcomed the believing spies and asked them to spare her and the members of her family (Joshua 2:1–24). Why did God’s people spare her? See Hebrews 11:31.
Friday, Jan 15 Joshua 4:1-5:12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. God provided a miracle so that His people could enter the Promised Land on dry ground just as they had miraculously crossed the Red Sea upon leaving Egypt. What two results did God bring through this miracle (Joshua 4:24)?
Saturday, Jan 16 Joshua 5:13-7:26 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. After marching for six days around the city of Jericho carrying the ark of the covenant, on the seventh day God’s people marched around it seven times. The seventh time the priest blew the trumpets and Joshua commanded the people, “Shout! For the LORD has given you the city!” (Joshua 6:16) & the walls of Jericho came tumbling down. What other walls has our loving God destroyed in order to bless & benefit His people? See Isaiah 59:2; Ephesians 2:11–14.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.