Week 35: I Chronicles 18-29
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, May 10 I Chronicles 18-20 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. King David ruled as a warrior king, constantly doing battle with the enemies of God’s people (1 Chronicles 18-20). How was God’s power evidenced in the reign of David in David’s regard for people? See 1 Chronicles 18:14.
Tuesday, May 11 I Chronicles 21 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. David yielded to Satan and sinned against God by conducting a census of his fighting men (1 Chronicles 21:1-12). When a contrite David confessed his sin, he was given three options. Note David’s response recorded in verse 13. What do David’s words indicate about his faith?
Wednesday, May 12 I Chronicles 22 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Review 1 Chronicles 22. What do the verses in this chapter indicate about David’s relationship with his God? With his people? With his son?
Thursday, May 13 I Chronicles 23-27 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Skim 1 Chronicles 23-27. Comment on the opportunities for service available for a person of God at the time of king David.
Friday, May 14 I Chronicles 28 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Reflect on David’s description of the house of God to be built by his son Solomon (1 Chronicles 28:2). In what way is a house of worship the “footstool of our God”?
Saturday, May 15 I Chronicles 29 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Summarize David’s words of praise to God recorded in 1 Chronicles 29:10-19.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.