Week 37: 2 Chronicles 13-24
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, May 24 2 Chronicles 13-14 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. What is the common message of these three Scripture passages: 2 Chronicles 13:15; 2 Chronicles 14:12; and Romans 8:31–32?
Tuesday, May 25 2 Chronicles 15-16 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Scriptures use the figure of speech “the eyes of the Lord” to paint a picture of God for us. Hanani painted such a picture for Asa, the king (2 Chronicles 16:9). Moses uses this phrase in Deuteronomy 11:12, the psalmist refers to God’s eyes in Psalm 33:18–19 and Psalm 34:15, Solomon uses this picture in Proverbs 15:3, Jeremiah uses it in Jeremiah 24:6, and Peter refers to it in 1 Peter 3:10–12. What picture of God is painted in all these passages? What message is God conveying to us in these passages?
Wednesday, May 26 2 Chronicles 17-18 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. One message for us in 2 Chronicles 17 and 18 is that it is tough to do the Lord’s will and associate with evil at the same time. Even though Jehoshaphat did many good things during his reign, he did ask for trouble. Identify places where he associated with evil. The apostle John recognized this danger to our faith and gave some advice. Skim 1 John 3 and 4. What advice did he give?
Thursday, May 27 2 Chronicles 19-20 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. “See the deliverance the Lord will give you” (2 Chronicles 20:17). What an amazing statement and what an amazing verse this is! Review the circumstances under which God made this promise. Under what circumstances in your own life has (would) this promise brought (bring) you comfort and strength?
Friday, May 28 2 Chronicles 21-22 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Review 2 Chronicles 22:10–12. Why was it so important that Josiah be kept alive?
Saturday, May 29 2 Chronicles 23-24 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Note the destructive and godless legacies of Jehoram and Ahaziah and his mother Athaliah. What is the legacy of Jehoiada in all of this (2 Chronicles 23)? Was his legacy good, bad, both, or something else? As soon as Jehoiada the priest died, Joash the king switched gears. Describe the change in Joash. What caused this change? This change in Joash should be a warning to all of God’s faithful people. Read the prayer of Jesus for His people (John 17:6–25) and then pray that you and your family would remain faithful until Jesus takes you home.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.