Week 55: Isaiah 26 – 39
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, September 27 Isaiah 26-27 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. See Isaiah 27:2-3. Since we, the people of God, are His vineyard, in what ways does the Lord — water us continually? See Isaiah 55:10-11.
Tuesday, September 28 Isaiah 28-29 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Jesus quoted Isaiah 29:13 against the hypocrisy of the Pharisees (Matthew 15:8-9). With what actions and attitudes do we become guilty of the same sin?
Wednesday, September 29 Isaiah 30-31 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Isaiah writes — Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God in justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him (Isaiah 30:18). Explain how the justice and grace of God work in the life of the believer. See also Psalm 112:4.
Thursday, September 30 Isaiah 32 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Compare Isaiah 9:6 and 11:6-9 with the peace described as the fruit of righteousness (Isaiah 32:17-20). Tell what this peace means to you personally today.
Friday, October 1 Isaiah 33-35 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Read Isaiah 35. Contrast a desert without water with the desert in bloom. Apply each as a metaphor in your life.
Saturday, October 2 Isaiah 36-39 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Comment on the logic of Sennacherib‘s words (Isaiah 37:4-10, 18-20). Reflect on the difference between Sennacherib‘s logic and Hezekiah‘s faith. Note also the outcome (Isaiah 37:36-38).
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889