Week 60: Jeremiah 29-40
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, November 1 Jeremiah 29 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. What insight does Jeremiah 29:7 provide for those who question whether to pray for the prosperity of a government that refuses to honor the true God?
Tuesday, November 2 Jeremiah 30-32 Read & Listen Online Chapter 30, Read & Listen Online Chapter 31, Read & Listen Online Chapter 32 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. See Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Hebrews 8-9. Contrast the old covenant with the new covenant.
Wednesday, November 3 Jeremiah 33 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Consider Jeremiah 33:17 and Luke 1:32-33. How did Jeremiah‘s prophecy come true in Jesus?
Thursday, November 4 Jeremiah 34-35 Read & Listen Online Chapter 34, Read & Listen Online Chapter 35 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Jeremiah 34:8-16 records how the Zedekiah and the people of Jerusalem obeyed the Lord and freed their slaves only to change their mind and bring them back into slavery once again. God‘s people were required to free their slaves every seventh year as a reminder of the freedom God had provided them from bondage in Egypt. How do you as a child of God through faith in Christ Jesus relate to the concepts of slavery and freedom? See also Galatians 4:1-7.
Friday, November 5 Jeremiah 36-37 Read & Listen Online Chapter 36, Read & Listen Online Chapter 37 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Describe the behavior of the king and his attendants upon hearing the Word of the Lord being read to them (Jeremiah 36:24). What did their response (or failure to respond) indicate about their spiritual condition?
Saturday, November 6 Jeremiah 38-40 Read & Listen Online Chapter 38, Read & Listen Online Chapter 39, Read & Listen Online Chapter 40 (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Review Jeremiah 38:7-13. How did Ebed-Melech express his trust in God? How according to Jeremiah 39:15-18 did God bless him?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia
Publishing House via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381,
or via fax at 1-800-490-9889