Week 20: Joshua 20-Judges 2
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, Jan 25 Joshua 20-21 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Joshua 21:44 describes how, in providing His people with their inheritance, God gave them rest on every side. Hebrews 4:8–10 refers to the salvation that is ours through faith in Christ Jesus as our rest. What does it mean for God’s people to rest in the completed work of Christ? See also Matthew 11:28.
Tuesday, Jan 26 Joshua 22 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Review Joshua 22. Explain the appropriateness of “A Witness Between Us that the LORD is God” as a name for the altar build by the Reubenites and Gadites. What symbols of unity in Christ does this altar remind you of?
Wednesday, Jan 27 Joshua 23 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Does Joshua’s warning recorded in Joshua 23:6–8 still apply to God’s people living in our day? If so, how? Through what gifts does God’s Spirit empower us to “hold fast to the LORD”?
Thursday, Jan 28 Joshua 24 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. In his parting words to God’s people Joshua proclaims, “but as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD” (Joshua 24:15). In what way do his words remind us of the words “I believe” that begin the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds?
Friday, Jan 29 Judges 1 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Note the similarities between Rahab and the man who assisted the spies at the city of Bethel. See Judges 1:22–26 and Joshua 6:25. What may be one difference (see James 2:25–26, especially verse 26)?
Saturday, Jan 30 Judges 2 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. See Judges 2:11–19. Describe human actions and God’s salvation. How does this cycle of sin and deliverance evidence itself in your life? Explain how God is always at work, calling and saving sinful people.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.