Week 21: Judges 2- 16
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, Feb 1 Judges 3:1-30 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Describe the three sin/salvation scenarios you find in Judges 3. Describe the sin/salvation scenarios in your life in which Jesus is your deliverer.
Tuesday, Feb 2 Judges 3:31-5:31 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Review the introduction to the Song of Deborah (Judges 5:1–3). For what saving action provided by God do the singers praise God (verse 2)? For whose beneficial work or contribution are you motivated to give thanks to God today?
Wednesday, Feb 3 Judges 6-8 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. How does Gideon’s grateful worship of God, recorded in Judges 7:15, evidence his faith in God? Of what future event can we, as God’s people, be most certain?
Thursday, Feb 4 Judges 9-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Review Judges 10:11–16. Identify law and Gospel in these verses.
Friday, Feb 5 Judges 11-12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Judges 11:1–11 tells of the rise to power and God’s blessing upon the leadership of Jephthah. How do the qualifications of Jephthah compare with others God calls and equips (see Judges 6:15 and Luke 1:52)?
Saturday, Feb 6 Judges 13-16 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Read of the announcement of the birth of Samson (Judges 13:1–14). How do Samson’s parents show their faith in God as they anticipate their role as parents?
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.