Week 24: I Samuel 9-15
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, Feb 22 I Samuel 9-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Note how Samuel describes the effect the power the Holy Spirit will have on Saul (1 Samuel 10:6). Explain the change the power of the Holy Spirit has brought into your life. See John 3:5–6 and 1 Corinthians 12:3, 13.
Tuesday, Feb 23 I Samuel 11 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. What does 1 Samuel 11:6 suggest about the role of anger in the life of a believer? See also Ephesians 4:26.
Wednesday, Feb 24 I Samuel 12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. See 1 Samuel 12:24. What great things, which God has done for us, should we consider as, moved by the Holy Spirit, we pledge to “fear the LORD and serve Him faithfully with all [our] heart”?
Thursday, Feb 25 I Samuel 13 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. Samuel confronts Saul about his sin with the words, “What have you done” (1 Samuel 13:11)? These words confront the sinner with the Law. The goal of the Law is to bring people to repentance. What does God’s Word indicate is the result of repentance (Acts 3:19)?
Friday, Feb 26 I Samuel 14 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Saul seems willing to put his son Jonathan to death because of the foolish oath Saul had made earlier. But the men of the army interceded for Jonathan and saved his life. They said, “should Jonathan die—he who has brought about this great deliverance in Israel? Never! As surely as the LORD lives, not a hair of the head will fall to the ground, for he did this today with God’s help.” So the men rescued Jonathan, and he was not put to death” (1 Samuel 14:45). Contrast and compare Jonathan and Jesus.
Saturday, Feb 27 I Samuel 15 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. In a feeble attempt to clear himself before God, Saul tells Samuel that he did not follow God’s instructions in order to provide animals for a sacrifice. Explain Samuel’s response to Saul recorded in 1 Samuel 15:22.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at email@example.com, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.