Week 41: Nehemiah 11, Esther, Job 1
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, June 21 Nehemiah 11-13 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Read again Nehemiah 12. Imagine the beautiful celebration of God and His goodness. Note especially the scene described in verse 43. Of what future occurrence may this event remind us? See Revelation 7:9–17).
Tuesday, June 22 Esther 1-2 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. What evidence does Esther 2:19–23 provide that Esther and Mordecai sought to obey God with respect to the Fourth Commandment?
Wednesday, June 23 Esther 3-4 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Mordecai encouraged Queen Esther with the words, “And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this” (Esther 4:14b)? Apply these words to your own life. What opportunities for service to God are available to you at “such a time as this”?
Thursday, June 24 Esther 5-7 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. To approach the king uninvited in ancient Persia was to risk death. Yet, when Esther came before the king under such conditions, the king was pleased with her and welcomed her into his presence, asking that he might grant her request (Esther 5:1–2). Under what conditions does God similarly welcome us before His throne of grace? See Hebrews 4:14–16. Ultimately, Esther asked for a request on behalf of her people. What requests on behalf of others might you make today in Jesus’ name?
Friday, June 25 Esther 8-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. Review Esther 8–10. Acting upon Esther’s request, King Xerxes granted God’s people rights and privileges in his kingdom. What rights and privileges in God’s eternal kingdom are ours through faith in Christ Jesus? See Galatians 4:5–7.
Saturday, June 26 Job 1 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Describe Job’s approach to life as you consider his words in Job 1:21.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.