Week 42: Job 2-14
Click to listen to this week’s recorded GodSpeak discussion group!
Want to join the discussion? Drop in a comment below!
Monday, June 28 Job 2-3 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
1. Explain Job’s words recorded in Job 2:10 in light of Hebrews 12:5–11.
Tuesday, June 29 Job 4-5 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
2. Why do you think Christians sometimes face periods of hardship, illness, and disappointment with the same type of reasoning as Job’s friend Eliphaz explains in Job 4:3–8?
Wednesday, June 30 Job 6-7 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
3. Compare Job 6:14–15 with the directive of God’s Word found in Galatians 6:1–2. How can we as God’s people faithfully serve our friends during their times of spiritual struggle or disillusionment?
Thursday, July 1 Job 8-10 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
4. What answer to Job’s question recorded in Job 9:2 is provided in Romans 5:17–21?
Friday, July 2 Job 11-12 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
5. To what qualities of Almighty God does Zophar refer (Job 11:7–9)? Compare Zophar’s words with those of Paul, recorded in Ephesians 3:18–19?
Saturday, July 3 Job 13-14 Read & Listen Online (Click “Audio” link to listen)
6. Contrast the description of our natural human condition in Job 14:1 with God’s will for those who belong to Him through faith in Christ Jesus described in 2 Corinthians 5:15.
Today’s Light Discussion Questions © 2009 Concordia Publishing House.
Used with permission. To subscribe to Today’s Light, contact Concordia Publishing House
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-800-325-3381, or via fax at 1-800-490-9889.